Friday, February 01, 2008

Miss Utah

I am sitting her watching the Miss America pageant that I Tivoed last week. I'm not usually interested in this competition but I was excited to watch this year because of Miss Utah. She's pretty awesome. I love how she is who she is and doesn't put on an act for the cameras and judges. There is finally a great role model for all the young LDS (and other) girls out there. Through the whole competition and the "Miss America Reality Check" shows, she was a fantastic representative of what an LDS woman is. Amazingly, she was always dressed modestly as well which is pretty rare these days. I'm bummed she didn't make it further in the competition but she's got to be proud of herself for getting as far as she did. Way to go Jill! (I keep telling my single brother to track down her phone number...he he.)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

That's really cool. Isn't she also in the military or is that a different beauty queen? I am so excited to see that you have a blog. I love blogs! You can check ours out if you haven't already at www.candtfam.blogspot.com

Tammy Bennett

Brian and Elizabeth Shelley said...

i love her too!